After seeing all the Giant Chocolate Slabs at Hotel Chocolat and reading a recipe for Chocolate Bark on Katie’s blog I thought I would give it a go. Thinking of toppings I could use I decided to go for an Easter theme, as if there wasn’t already enough Chocolate around the house at this time of the year!
- 200g Galaxy Chocolate
- 200g Milkybar Chocolate
- 1 pack of Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1 pack of assorted Cadburys Dairy milk mini eggs (Daim, Oreo & Creme Egg)
- Line a shallow baking tray or glass dish with greaseproof paper
- Break 150g of Milkybar chocolate into pieces before microwaving in 20 second bursts until melted. Make sure to stir the chocolate after each 20 second burst.
- Pour the Milkybar chocolate into the tray and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate is starting to set. If the chocolate sets fully there’s a chance it won’t attach to the top layer.
- Microwave 200g of Galaxy chocolate in 20 second bursts until melted. Spread this over the Milkybar chocolate to form the second layer.
- To give the Cadbury Mini Eggs a hatched look, place them in a food bag before cracking them with a rolling pin.
- Press the broken Mini eggs into the chocolate slab.
- Melt the remaining 50g of Milkybar chocolate and drizzle over the slab.
- Cut the Daim, Oreo & Creme Eggs in half before pressing into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set before breaking into shards.
This was a really quick and simple recipe that can be easily adapted by switching out the toppings. I’m looking forward to creating another version with dried fruit, what toppings would you use?